April! What is it about April that demands words? Words, words, and more words! Seems I am getting the message from all corners of my life…. just write.
April is Camp NaNo month – like NaNoWriMo in November, the idea is to write 50,000 words and/or complete a novel in a month. April is also NaPoWriMo – National Poetry Writing Month – where the goal is to write a poem a day. 30 days, 30 poems.
Well – considering the up-and-down-edness of my life, my sanity, and my health these days, it is hard to commit completely to one or the other of these. So I am making my own rules – just WriMo. Write More.
Might be a poem, might be work on one of my ongoing writing projects. I might just write in my journal, or I might post something here on the blog. Whatever form it takes – this month, the month of April, I commit to writing something every day. Good, bad, or mediocre – everything is fair game. Time to stop stalling and answer the call…. Just Write.
What about you? Who out there is participating in a NaNo, NaPo, or any old WriMo challenge this month?
Anything can be a poem:
the apple in its light
the dusty edge of dawn ~
in the light of beauty
anything can bring us home.
- NaPoWriMo (blog.wordpress.com)
- 30 Poems, 30 Days: NaPoWriMo Has Begun (cherylandrews.wordpress.com)
- April Poetry Challenges Have Begun (2voices1song.com)
- Camp NaNoWriMo (pierrmorgan.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo~ say what (melissaslifeworthliving.wordpress.com)
- Camp NaNoWriMo! (leajurock.wordpress.com)